Thread: Council Cuts
View Single Post
Old 21-12-2010, 18:40   #88
RHFOY

Re: Council Cuts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Moss View Post
I'm on a committee known as Overview and Scrutiny: Resources which looks at how the council spends its money and in six months I am appalled and the vast swathes of waste I see everywhere in the name of ticking the right boxes.

There is a very detailed list of the spending from each department, something which is about the size of five phone books and used to get sent out to councillors as a matter of course in years gone by. I have requested a copy, I feel fairly confident I could whittle out 18%.

Whether anyone listens at Britcliffe HQ is another matter, it'll all probably be due to 13 years of Labour rule when the chips are down.
since 1979 when i was learning about goverments its the same old boom and bust then blame everybody else bar themselves... do you not think the time has come to have 2 goverment parties 1 for the working class and 1 for middle and upper??? i am not educated enough yet to fully understand the ramifications(spellcheck) off this... but in my 31 years off contributing to the treasury its the same old rhetoric year on year...
RHFOY is offline   Reply With Quote