View Single Post
Old 21-12-2010, 20:32   #139
RHFOY

Re: Nuisance telephone calls.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
No, I do not agree with this at all.

I do not wish to be 'cold called' or canvassed for something that I do not require, often being told that I have won a prize(which is laughable as you cannot win something if you do not enter)...that is why I signed up to the TPS service, and firms who contravene the rules are breaking the law.

If I wish to avail myself of goods and services, I am quite capable of seeking out the services that meet my needs.

I do not wish my meals or any other activities to be interrupted by these callers, many of whom are from the Indian sub continent anyway, (so no jobs being lost in this country)by a caller with a heavy indian accent who calls himself 'Kevin'.

The people who take on these jobs know what they are letting themselves in for and if they can't stand it then they have two choices.
good point re loss off jobs in this country, re their choice, sadly sometimes you have to do what you have to do to survive... i do take onboard your having your tea or could ba when your baby is ill and more... i would rarther have time restrictions to when you can call a consumer... your point i will decice when and were i buy goods.. you would be very surprised how many other consumers love it??? again sadly this great source off business as been abused and ruined !!!
RHFOY is offline   Reply With Quote