Thread: Todays Game
View Single Post
Old 04-10-2004, 12:32   #16
WILL

Re: Todays Game

Hi folks

Don't come on the message board and moan to often but after travelling
11 hours on a coach on Saturday I feel I have a right to have a moan.

It was a disgrace. For any of the lucky ones who didn't travel to Farnborough
we turned into the Wimbledon of old on Saturday. Time and time again aimless
punts up field in hope that Paul (Who ran his socks off, as always) would get on to the end of them. Farnborough's 1st goal was a shot from about 30 yards. Good strike but I think Kennedy will be a little disappointed he didn't keep it out. Stanley started a little brighter second half and when we decided to PASS the ball we looked like we might get something from the game. Penalty came and the feeling was we could possibly sneak
a winner. But after the ref adjudged a penalty against Cav (NO comment cos I was at
the other end of the ground) we decided to go back to the long ball game which was hopeless. It's a sorry sight when Farnborough who finished in the bottom three last season are singing "Can we play you every week ?"

And just to top it all off, at the final whistle only two of the Stanley players AND management came over and applauded the Stanley fans for travelling the 5 hour journey to watch there team. So to Paul Mullin and King Craney I applaud you back.

It's about time, SOME of the players started having a long hard look at themselves.