View Single Post
Old 10-01-2011, 04:29   #70
Eric
God Member

Re: Jack Straw, Racist or Correct?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tealeaf View Post
I suspect Jack will have to watch out over the next few weeks, otherwise he could end up like the congresswoman from Arizona. Mind you, she did survive a bullet going straight through her head, although whether this was due to her being a) a Yank, b) a woman, c) a politician or d) a combination of all three and thus having little up top, I don't know.

Seems like you took a little flack from this one ... but I see the humour. It seems that in every disaster/tragedy, or whatever overinflated adjective the media uses, there is always a joke, not always tasteful, but often funny. Funny in the sense that it is hard to restrain a chuckle, or even an outright guffaw. It's almost 25 years since the Challenger blew up; but I remember hearing only hours after the explosion: "Hey, do you know that NASA stands for 'Need another seven astrounauts." Whatever. And I do agree with your point about the Second Ammendment. This allows Americans to kill over 12,000 of their fellow citizens each year. Seems like murder in the States doesn't make the news unless it's multiple and/or high profile.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote