View Single Post
Old 14-01-2011, 18:49   #31
Dan
Senior Member+

Re: Website subscription

Okay...
I don't think I've ever posted this much on here on a non match day!
The commentary MUST come through Accrington Stanley - they are the rules.
However, what comes out of your speakers and plays out on your screens doesn't necessarily have to come from the club.

If we take only the commentary, this can be provided by a third party (ie a radio station) and a number of clubs do this. Now, aside from the fact that no commercial stations cover the club any more and Lancs don't do commentary, that is something that could be done.

A company (or a radio station, but we'll go for company as a standard term) could provide the multimedia content and in lieu of a fee that company could take a percentage of the subscription money (like the Football League do)

That money would cover staff costs, expenses etc etc.

The Football League would get their cut, then some may go for website hosting (bear in mind this is all theoretical)

There may or may not be some money left over after that. I don't know. That's why I'm trying to gauge interest. It's only an embryo of a beginning of an idea at the minute...

So your money would INITIALLY go to ASFC (cos it has to) but then it would immediately be distributed to the various sources mentioned above.

Please note that this is MY IDEA ONLY - I haven't discussed any details with anyone. Other than you lot. On a public forum...

I'll do my best to answer any other questions, but as I've said about a zillion times now I'm open to ideas.

Dan

P.S. Enough talk of medals you fools - I get paid (a bit) to do something that you lot PAY to do, so it's not me that deserves the medal!!!

The Dutch look like a huge jar of marmalade.”
- Barry Davies

“After a goalless first half, the score at half time is 0-0.”
- Brian Moore
Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web