View Single Post
Old 15-01-2011, 15:16   #42
maccawozzagod
God Member

Re: Website subscription

this is the kind of thing that our website really needs and I hope it won't be at the expense of losing our own independant website to one of those mass produced Premium things that most other clubs run.

Much as I'd love it to happen I don't think there would be enough interest to get it off the ground without financial propping up from external sources (ie sponsorships). I would imagine Accy Web would the most indicative of likely audience - how many people are viewing this forum during matchtimes? (25 members and 65 non members) And then I would imagine no more than 75% of those people would be likely to subscribe and pretty much only for the commentary. Anything else contained on the site would be fluff. If the quality of the fluff was goo enough and regular enough then there would the possibility of grabbing a lot more of the crowd to visit the website after games as well - and that would be where the money is.

As you walk around Accy town centre on a saturday afternoon there is no interest in the game or the team - I would like to walk past market stalls and hear the commentary coming through radios hung over the back of the stall.

For the record I'd happily pay £35 but would hope for a figure of £19.99 in order to appeal to the most possible tightarses!

Last edited by maccawozzagod; 15-01-2011 at 15:18.
maccawozzagod is offline   Reply With Quote