View Single Post
Old 20-01-2011, 18:15   #101
Pendle Red
God Member

Re: Open Forum Event

So many good & valid points being made as there was last night.

It is always difficult when we perhaps are not in view of full pictures of what is going on behind the scenes and where things are at?

I understand people's frustrations and why some have chose to stay away I can imagine it not being an easy desicion for any fan, LD mentioned something earlier on which I have seen which is fan power up close and in action at Anfield & Turf Moor in the past and what it brought about.

The Clouds have gathered for too long over the Club it needs time to breathe and space to grow by that I mean the ownership issues needs resolving once and for all.

I am not sure what I can offer if anything to help that come about?

Moving back to last night
The Club itself had some good initatives
with the game for a fiver
three for two offer
taking the Club out to the Community
players being more involved
as Sparkie has mentioned with the Community Trust development side of things which will bring so many people into contact with the Club across a broad range of age groups and spectrum of people

It may be the first of a few steps but the Trust side of things has to be rebuilt with fans & community etc. first & foremost to become something that people want to be part of whether that's fans coming back through the turnstiles or new fans coming along to support their "Town" or "Community" club.

This may just be a starting point and I hope it grows the more people who become involved in the Club & take an interest the more chance at some point down the line of the Club becoming self sufficient.

One thing I can give and still keep: my word.

SFFS
Pendle Red is offline   Reply With Quote