View Single Post
Old 25-01-2011, 07:43   #106
steeljack
God Member

Re: Councillors expenses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Moss View Post
That's one thing I am in favour of unless it has been discussed with the officer in question beforehand. Councillors sign up for a life in the public eye, council officers generally just want a job and I don't see any reason for them to become the focus for something which may end up being an unpopular move. If they're simply carrying out the instructions of the Cabinet then it is for the council to decide whether they are doing a good job, not for the public to decide based on the popularity of a policy.

In my view, civil servants enact policy, councillors take the credit or the blame for their own ideas.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Moss View Post
If I've given the impression that I expect council employees to be neutered puppets then that's not what I'm trying to say at all. There are some very influential and highly competent officers at HBC, I'm just saying that I don't think it's terribly fair to drag them into political slanging matches when they're simply trying to do their job.
just check out the history of the Rix guy and his connections , the guy was so smooth he gave Accrington/Hyndburn a prostate exam without needing the lube or the discomfort
steeljack is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web