View Single Post
Old 25-01-2011, 08:56   #108
jaysay
Resting in Peace

Re: Councillors expenses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Moss View Post
Oh God, here we go.....

I'm sure that when Labour take control again AccyWeb will be awash with Conservative councillors and the reds will disappear into the ether, never to be heard from again. What surprises me is that you're so absolutely sure of how Labour will play the game. Virtually all the councillors are different from when you were involved in politics and times have changed ever so slightly. You of all people should therefore realise that any reforms will need about 12 months to have any impact but I'm afraid wholesale changes aren't really an option, they're a necessity.

Better let Peter know, if he's still writing the songs then he'll need to make them too.
You've probable insulted Peter a couple of dozen times since I last spoke to him, I certainly ain't heard from anybody on HBC since well before Xmas the only person I've seen is Ken Hargreaves, and we've better things to talk about than politics As for Labour councillors disappearing, they certainly were nowhere to be seen when Flash Gordon was saving the Universe single handed so I don't think things will change, as for an influx of Tories on here, I doubt it, if they couldn't make capital when Labour were in government doubt if they'll bother at all