View Single Post
Old 25-01-2011, 16:47   #131
ukcowboy
God Member

Re: Open Forum Event

Neil, I did understand your point, sorry if my reply seemed to say otherwise!

It is all well and good should the club actually become proactive, however my point still stands. Whilst Whalley, and to some extent O'Neil (SOS campaign cock up, lies etc) remain at Stanley, then no local businessman/woman in their right mind would touch us with the preverbial bargepole.

It is true to say that some change has occured at the club, you only have to look at what Lew has done with the shop, and what the Community team has achieved, however I am hard pressed to come up with any others.

Unless and untill changes are made at the top of the pile, then Im afarid that all the good ideas and objectives will amount to nothing more than false promises.............not because the instigators are paying lipservice, but because those above them, the people that pull the strings will, by the very nature of still being at the club, put off/hinder any local businesses looking to get invloved. Whether that involvement is financial or otherwise.............the old saying applies, 'Once bitten, Twice shy'

When you sit down and think about it, that really is a sad state of affairs................in laymans terms, the club is NOT trusted, and neither Whalley or O'Neil have done anything to improve that situation.

(TUESDAY 3rd NOVEMBER 2009........A PROUD DAY FOR ALL STANLEY FANS)

Messrs Khan and Marsden I thank you

Thursday 31st. March 2011, a new dawn over the Crown ground.
www.dirtyhatband.co.uk
ukcowboy is offline   Reply With Quote