View Single Post
Old 02-02-2011, 19:31   #144
Busman747
Always EVIL within us

Re: Hyndburn's New Tourist Attraction

I am pleased to notice that earlier in the thread, several members mentioned the fact that bus drivers are among those that are going to suffer with the closing of the Peel St. loos.

I work a 3½ and a 4 hour period on Mondays and Wednesdays. Each time I arrive at the bus station, I have several minutes to issue tickets for my next journey and when necessary, make a quick visit to the loo. To do this, I have to secure my ticket machine (lock it) and ensure that the cash is away from temptation. On my return, refill the cash tray, unlock the ticket machine and catch up with passengers that have boarded in my absence. I now have to allow an extra couple of minutes due to the extra distance. When I finally get to the "gents" there are only 2 urinals and two cubicles instead of three and if anyone has used the urinals, I think that you will agree that they are too close and too low! In fact, if you look carefully (no! not at the bloke next to you) it is obvious that the loos have been squeezed into one single unit that was originally designed as a single shopping outlet.

The Wednesday market opening which has been forced upon traders has been a total financial disaster and I am sure that it is no coincidence that the closure of the Peel St. toilets are measures to recompense the council for their faux pas!

As I made my first journey on Monday, I realised (as pointed out earlier) that I had to walk through the cafe on the balcony which happens to be owned by PB's son. That is surely no coincidence!!

I now wait for the indoor market to close on a Wednesday and I will be first in the queue at the Town Hall demanding to use the staff toilets