Thread: Ground Capacity
View Single Post
Old 03-02-2011, 21:41   #162
Outback Ozzy
Senior Member+

Re: Ground Capacity

Quote:
Originally Posted by mab View Post
No need to worry about coppice becoming half n half or becoming home end,it stays the away end and thats that,I had put the half n half idear to Mick S back in november but he said it wouldn't happen for a few reasons really mainly!!Control box needs to be over looking the away fans, and not enough facilitys ie toilets n refreshment for 2 sets of supporters and the fact the away fans can leave the ground quickly and away from the main stadium.
Sorry Mab but I fear you have been spun a yarn there. I have seen the away end split into two for certain games and 2 retail units have been on that end. Also, there are toilet facilities at either end (or were). Also there is a gate halfway down the rear of the stand to stop supporters from venturing into the other half. Think it was used for an FA cup match when those that had tickets for the coppice end were sent to the turnstiles nearest livingstone road and those with tickets for the cow shed went to the bottom turnstiles. Gate was shut over on the right of the Coppice end terrace and also at the rear of the terrace to stop persons going between the two.

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote