View Single Post
Old 06-02-2011, 13:44   #3498
blackburnlad

Re: Accy Web video jukebox.

Quote:
Originally Posted by steeljack View Post
yep , probably down to the 'widow' Lennon (the Japanese one) , doesn't the 78 year cow have enough money , she's been a professional widow for over 30 years raking in the money , best example ever why copyright should end when the artist croaks, just hope the first wife (Cynthia) turns up at her funeral in red dress
Yeah it could be, but then you would think it would apply to all The Beatles / Lennon songs.

I spent hours a while back making a little slide show with old postcard images of Corporation Park and put the Bee Gees 'Immortality' to it. When I upoladed it to youtube, they muted the sound for copyright reasons. So I was sat looking at my little slide show in total bloody silence

They gave me about 5 alternative tunes I could use, all by unknown bands, all songs I had never heard of and all about a minute shorter than my slide show

My efforts weren't entirely wasted though, as I was able to upload it to my own blog / site. (Just narrowed down my potential viewers by about 200 million). Taught me a lesson though. If I ever make another, I'll try and upload the song first, with a blank screen, or a couple of pictures, to test the water, so to speak.

Colin
blackburnlad is offline   Reply With Quote