View Single Post
Old 08-02-2011, 20:13   #18
buttonsmum
Senior Member+

Re: Good cafe in accy ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
Went to Divine today, in Warner Street.

Happy to say, we thought it was indeed...divine.

Extremely friendy service. They knew we hadn't been before. Which shows they know their customers well, because it could have backfired badly if we had.

Decorated with a colourful and stylish boho-chic style, with displays of ethnic jewellery to look at, and life enhancing, mystical texts on the walls to read, the whole ambience was charming, and wouldn't be out of place in Soho, Brighton's Lanes, or a trendy street in Manchester.

We both had homemade broccoli and Stilton soup, which was delicious, and was served in a very generously sized bowl. We really didn't need it, considering how hearty the soup was, but we also had a ham and cheese sandwich, which was seved with an undressed, crisp and tasty salad. Even the crockery has style, being retro, chintzy thirties.

The owners were very chatty, and when my Ma mentioned we'd been bakers in Ossy for sixty six years, we were given free scones and jam, to sample how good their homebaked cakes are, and they are just that.

Coffee lovers, such as myself, will approve the coffee choice. The latte only came in one size of cup, massive, and was the best I've had for ages.

Weak, early spring sunshine, and a very enjoyable lunch, meant a lovely Tueday.

Cost just over sixteen pounds, and worth every penny.

Will definitely be a regular haunt.
This has got to be my favourite cafe by far. It has a lovely calm, relaxing atmosphere, and the staff are all very friendly. Leron always takes the time to speak to his customers weather they are regulars or not.

I am one of the regulars and have been going to Leron's cafe's for the last six years,

The food is always exceptional and it is reasonably priced too. He also sells some lovely jewellery.

buttonsmum is offline   Reply With Quote