View Single Post
Old 08-02-2011, 23:57   #47
garinda
Give, give, give member

Re: Good cafe in accy ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by katex View Post
Come on, Garinda, the fact that you stated that just over £16 was good value for the small lunch you purchased was quite 'showioffey'

'Too much disposable income' was meant as a reflection that you were prepared to pay so much for so little and not realise the exorbitant price of the purchase.
'Showioffey'? (sic)

Are you for real?

I mentioned the price as a matter of fact. You patronising prig.

Normally we pay about twelve quid in the Church Street chippy, for 2 x fish, chips, and peas, and two coffees. We also go to Over Coffee regularly, and pay around the same as today, for two main courses, plus two coffees.

'If' my life was so sad, that I felt the need to show off on here, be assured it would be much more 'showy', and much more 'offy', than 'boasting' we'd spent the shocking figure of sixteen pounds sterling.

Get real.

Treat yourself to a coffee. Smell it, and wake up.

If we are still here next week, God willing, and healthy and fit enough, it'll be my turn to pay.

If I eat broken pies, and stale bread all week, we might go back to Divine.

Sod the money. You're a long time dead.

I'll treat us both to lunch, and blow my pension and disability benefits.

Whoo-hoo.

Just an idea.

'Some people' could ditch all the dye, and Poly-slap, stop chasing their lost youth. Grow old gracefully, and what they save on salvage equipment, they could afford a (gasp) whole sixteen pounds, to spend on an enjoyable meal with a loved one.

Last edited by garinda; 09-02-2011 at 00:05.
garinda is offline   Reply With Quote