View Single Post
Old 09-02-2011, 19:05   #276
Retlaw
I am Banned

Re: Accy Old Photo's - John Kelly's Album

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackburnlad View Post
And you dismiss and mistrust the trade directories? Our national and our respective local rags never make mistakes do they?

What's that old saying 'Don't believe everything you read in the papers'
That saying refers to lurid stories designed to attract readers, now you are just prevaricating to try and win a discussion.
Not for a second saying they were wrong back in 1869 mind you, they were probably right, but as in my last two comments, it's information that is totally irrelevant to the 1920's / 30's photo that was being discussed.

Anyway, I'm trying to watch the football,so got to go. have a pleasant evening !
Why should a report on the licensing renewals be wrong, we all know mistakes are made in printed format, none more so than those trade directories, I've found many errors in the newspapers especially during WW1, even the same man reported in tha Accy Observer, the Accy Gazette and the Blackburn Weekly Telegraph, could be different.
To prove newspapers made gross errors can be found on Accringon's War Memorial, most of those names came from the Greater Accrington Roll of Honour, which has resulted in 11 men being named twice, through printing errors.
Retlaw.
Retlaw is offline   Reply With Quote