View Single Post
Old 10-02-2011, 23:12   #35
Retlaw
I am Banned

Re: Unused medications

A great bugbear of mine was always..... when people go into hospital and they already have a supply of perfectly good meds that they were taking at home......why can't they continue to take their own meds in hospital? After all, they are told to bring all their current medications into hospital with them.
That would save hospitals an untold amount of money.[/quote]
I would have to disagree on that Margaret, my daughter went in hospital, and took her meds, they were taken off her and supposedly being kept until discharged, on that day when she asked for her meds there were only two tablets left in the box when there should have been twenty, the staff had been dispensing them to other patients, then to cap it all the nurse said I'll get you a new prescription, I'll be two minutes, the sod went on her lunch break, and my daughter didn't get her presciption until two hours later.
Thats not the only instance I've heard about with some of the staff at that meat factory in Blackburn. If I have to go in there, my medication won't be going, they wil get a copy of the prescription & thats it.
I would have to be unconscious before they could get me in there.
Accy Vic, or Royal Preston OK, but not Blackburn.
Retlaw.
Retlaw is offline   Reply With Quote