View Single Post
Old 13-02-2011, 20:30   #106
Wynonie Harris
Super Moderator

Re: Royal Wedding - The poll.

Quote:
Originally Posted by katex View Post
That 'eyes to heaven' emoticon should not be aimed at me. I did not express a view that, whichever way people voted, they should explain themselves.

As I am in the middle of composing a 15,000 words reply (ok exaggeration), I may consider posting it later, however, knowing that it will be subject to heavy criticism, analysis of every word and general insults I may back down.

Seems to me though, there are a couple of issues going on in the minds of people who have voted 'No', not just the economy .. just the ones that dislike the monarchy anyway, and would vote this way no matter what the question was. Also, a couple that I suspect is politically biased against our Conservative council.

For instance, even though I am not overly fond of football, I would still vote a yes to the Council backing up our Accrington Stanley, a minority pleasure for some, even in the face of this gloomy economy if they decided to do so.
You said that some no voters hadn't expressed an opinion. I hadn't. So I did. (The "eyes to heaven" opticon was mildly and amusedly exasperated, rather than heavily sarcastic. ).

I've no axe to grind against the Royal Family or the Conservatives. I can take or leave the former and I despise Labour every bit as much as I do the Tories. I just think in this time of stringent costcutting measures, it's sheer madness to squander public money on Royal Wedding celebrations.

However, far more importantly, what's all this about not being overly fond of football? I thought you said you were coming up the Stanley on Saturday? I was really looking forward to meeting you!
Wynonie Harris is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web