View Single Post
Old 13-02-2011, 23:48   #133
garinda
Give, give, give member

Re: Royal Wedding - The poll.

Quote:
Originally Posted by katex View Post
No, it was not constructive and, as mentioned, I did apologise for that remark and admitted that I had been a prig, as you called me. I didn't even know your mum had paid for the meal until you mentioned it again later. What more can I do ? Will cut a pound of my flesh off if you like !
Why do you keep bringing it up ?
Because accusations of 'bullying' are now be branded about.

I was merely pointing out that others have also given strongly worded opinions, including non-constructive criticism, that were irrelevant.

Another reason to cross-reference two threads, was both discussed costs. Though one was about self-financed costs, and the other requiring public funds from the tax payer.

I have similarly mentioned subjects discussed in other threads, because they help illustrate the likely costs involved in hosting civic leisure events.

Happily I've got quite a good memory, and won't apologise for bringing up something someone may have said in an earlier thread, if it happens to add any relevance. I shall continue doing that, until it is no possible for me to do so.

I've just reread this thread, Gawd help me, and see no evidence of anyone being bullied.

If others do think this is bullying, I can only pity their innocence, and assume they've never actually seen any real bullying.

From ardent royalist to arch republican, the majority of people don't want public money spent on celebrating Prince William's wedding in Hyndburn. As others have posted, even William has said they want a low key celebration themselves, mindful of the economic crisis.

The majority think it wrong to spend local money on it, and so do I.

I'll keep on saying this passionately 'til I'm blue in the face, if need be.

If that makes me a bully in some eyes, I'll live with that quite happily. Knowing what I do of their opinions, about other things, and people.

I still say what I've said, in the way that I've said it, if I was in a one percent minority.

It's what I wholeheartedly believe.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote