View Single Post
Old 16-02-2011, 17:40   #379
blackburnlad

Re: Accy Old Photo's - John Kelly's Album

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retlaw View Post
As I said Retlaw was clutching at straws. I'm sure on some streets and roads (in any town or city) you could have gaps between properties ranging from a few feet to a thousand yards. The enumerators wouldn't give every vacant plot a number just because they were there and there was future potential for development would they?
This is post 299. Nowhere do I mention Brown and Catlows as being on Whalley Rd, any one who has lived in Accrington any length of time knows the Catlows I was refering to on Whalley Rd, had nowt to do with fire places. Catlows sold fruit & veg, and moved into that building from their site at the junction of Peel St & Infant St. Most Accy Webbers have an Idea where Brown and Catlows was. All I posted that picture of Brown & Catlows for, was to see if Atarah was watching the thread.
Now your making a fool of yourself.
Never mind keep taking the pills
Retlaw

Clutching at straws.

The Hope and Anchor is numbered 27 & 29 to this day just as it was then, your numbering in the 1909 map is wrong.
The first from the top of Peel St then was number 3, and the numbers carried on from there, nu 5 is now a shoe shop, what later became known as Catlows was nu 19, then on the corner with Marques St was nu 21 Slaters Arms.
Attached Thumbnails

Last edited
Well then I'll put my hand up and apologise to you for my misunderstanding and take back my comment. But as you were talking directly to me (not as familiar with Accrington as the natives) in comment #299, you should have explained in a little more detail.

Anyway, it was just another diversionary tactic to cloud the waters.
blackburnlad is offline   Reply With Quote