View Single Post
Old 25-02-2011, 16:03   #44
garinda
Give, give, give member

Re: Editing and deleting posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
If that was me Matt I am sorry I did not get back to you but I don't remember it.
I try to treat everyone the same, yes I have friends on here and a few people I don't like but I don't believe that changes how I moderate.

I agree we do leave some posts that are off topic as they can add to the discussion. It's when a thread goes off straight away or gets nasty that it needs sorting out.

I suspect that the posters of most of the posts I deleted knew they were bad posts and half expected them to be removed.
You had me until the very last sentence.

No I did not think they were 'bad posts'. Certainly no more 'bad' than thousands of others on here.

So no, I didn't 'half expect' them to be removed. Especially as you'd left one post intact in which a member had been rude to another named member, Bernadtte, and others members in general.

So no. I wasn't 'half expecting' it.

I honestly didn't know who was responsible at the time. It just seemed arbitrary, and illogical.

If I had known it was you, I'd still think exactly the same way. Though I certainly wouldn't have taken it personally, as you and I consider friends.

It just didn't make any sense at all.

I'll ask again, in order that I don't risk having more posts deleted.

How is this thread different from the one you decided needed hacking last night? Certainly my own posts are of a very similar tone.

http://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f...ccy-46638.html

This apparently you found amusing, rather than wanting to delete.

Can you please explain the difference, so it's clear to us, the members.

Rules should be applied equally, otherwise accusations of bias could arise, and this needs clarifying.