View Single Post
Old 27-02-2011, 11:33   #6
jaysay
Resting in Peace

Re: Cuts to remain untreated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
I suppose it depends on how you designate/categorise support staff.
Clinicians would imply Consultants/doctors/radiographers and such like.......support staff could be Nurses/HCAs/ward clerks/Domestic staff/Catering staff........and it is those support staff that you will come into contact with, and who will either make or break your experience of the NHS.

This is just a way to dismantle the NHS and put into private hands........private comapnies do not deliver services on a philanthropic basis, they do it to make a profit, so how the politicians can believe that private enterprise will drive up quality is a mystery to me.

OK contract out some of the cold case surgery...hip replacements, cataract surgery.....but to think that emergency stuff will be done by private enterprise is, quite frankly, scary.
I just hope I don't get sick.
You know as well as I do that Margaret the there is a dearth of paper shufflers in the NHS some on 5 times the wages of the nurse on the ward, the NHS can be a bottomless pit to shovel money into, if only every penny spent was used to gain maximum effect, but it isn't