View Single Post
Old 27-02-2011, 15:24   #15
Margaret Pilkington
Beacon of light

Re: Cuts to remain untreated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
the nhs today is a lot better than in the 80's .Yes theres still a problem with overpaid management but i bet my last penny if labour hadnt got in when they did we wouldnt have a new hospital in blackburn and two new health centers in accrington.

mind you i have a bit of a gripe with torys look on the nhs.My friend raised money to buy a new child incubator for queens park hospital as a thankyou for saving his premature sons life and a tory mp took it to her local hospital down south leaving only the plaque saying who it was donated by on the front desk and its screws.Cant have us northerners having a brand new peice of kit can we

I suppose it depends what you mean by better......if you mean paying through the nose for a hospital that might never be owned by the Trust...remember it was built on the PFI...that's like the never never, only dearer.
I don't know about the health centres...whether they were built on the same funding....I had left the NHS by then so took much less notice of what was going on.
In the 80's we didn't spend time chasing government targets....we nursed patients.
OK so the old QPH buildings were not that pretty but they felt homely......but I guess that counts for not very much.

There were better staffing levels. Patients got looked after
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote