View Single Post
Old 02-03-2011, 10:17   #34
garinda
Give, give, give member

Re: Full Council - 1st & 9th March

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Moss View Post
HBC is one of the 30 councils expected to switch to Labour control in May which explains why even more cheques are being handed out than usual. Nothing is certain of course, but one would hope that common sense will prevail and people will see through electioneering to the wasteful, self-aggrandising spending we get the rest of the year.

The standard Consrvative argument against any cuts put forward has become 'gesture politics' but if cuts can be made, however small, surely that's a step in the right direction?
I stated on here that the charity group I help run would not be applying for another grant from H.B.C., because of the cuts in jobs and services.

I've no idea whether it's in the public arena, but we might be the recipient of a donation this year, that would pay for our accommodation for six months.

We were contacted, not the other way around.

We can not afford to turn money down, as this means other funds can be targeted towards assisting people living with Parkinson's, who need help or support. Also the fees we pay for hiring the accommodation we use is paid to H.B.C.

This money isn't guaranteed, as it was only mentioned in the last few weeks. We aren't obliged to take part in any publicity drive.

For whatever reason we might get it, it will be appreciated, and used to help local people.

Be assured that it certainly won't influence who I support politically, nor whom I praise, or criticise.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote