View Single Post
Old 07-03-2011, 09:43   #393
Ken Moss
Common Sense Member

Re: Hyndburn's New Tourist Attraction

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
In a way I don't think this forum is so very different from any other form of media, used as a tool for communication. Speaking to the press, or writing a newspaper column say, which people can also respond to, if they want.

When Graham Jones was leader of a local political party he took a fairly active role in the life of Accy Web, and it didn't seem to do his reputation much harm, seeing as he went on to become our M.P. Indeed, showing that he is human, like the rest of us, might have added to his appeal with the electorate.

Perhaps you should be encouraging TheLeadersOfficeHBC to play the Accy Web quiz, or share his favourite hits on the AW juke box, rather than thinking he was 'stupid' for posting on here at all.

I would welcome any regular posts from elected Conservative members. As I have said so often before, it would add balance to discussions.

Regrettably, we seemingly have several councillors who are well aware of the messages posted on this forum and are prepared to publicly deride them yet take no active role in responding in the same media. The only Conservative councillor who appears to post with any degree of regularity is Nick Whittaker of Huncoat.

Mind you, with trained lawyers watching every word that is printed it might be that some councillors are reluctant to say anything in case it could be construed as libellous. However, not everyone in the world is secretly reading posts and waiting to see if they get offended by political statements so they can take legal action, plus the Conservatives have admirable support from the likes of Jaysay.

I fail to see how councillors interacting with their electorate is a bad thing, in fact if anything it would seem that the public view the lack of participation as being worse.

http://hyndburn-labour.blogspot.co.uk/ - Updates from the Hyndburn Labour Group
Ken Moss is offline   Reply With Quote