View Single Post
Old 08-03-2011, 07:30   #433
garinda
Give, give, give member

Re: Hyndburn's New Tourist Attraction

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Moss View Post
Cllrs Britcliffe and Pam Barton declared an interest in the debate at full council over having a vote on 6-day trading, beyond that nothing that I can recall.

The decision to close the Peel Street toilets was apparently a Cabinet decision, it has never been put to full council for debate. A quick scan of the recent Cabinet minutes should show up if Cllr Britcliffe declared a personal and prejudicial interest although I must admit that I cannot find the reference myself.

Cabinet

As has been posted before, if the closure was about saving money, a comperative study should have been carried out. Working out if closing the Market Hall or the Peel Street toilets would be most cost effective, before making any decision.

In to the equation they should also have compared which public toilet had the greatest ease of access, especially for those with mobility issues, as well as parents with buggies, and the fact that a whole section of people aren't allowed on to the balcony level of the Market Hall, because of age restrictions.

In the commercial world, a comperative study would have been the very first thing that was carried out, to decide where most savings could be found, with the least inconvenience to the people of the town.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote