View Single Post
Old 10-03-2011, 20:08   #62
Eric
God Member

Re: This isn't racist?

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
If that is the case, keeping such women in groups that are openly separatist, along racial lines, will only add to, and further their isolation from society at large.

Positive discrimination never solves anything, in the long-term.

Most times it just masks real problems.

Yes, we all face different difficulties in life.

But ultimately we are all the same, at least in this country, and should always be treated as equals.
I agree with your points; however (there's always an "however" isn't there), in my opinion, whatever the law states about equality seems to apply only in the, for want of a better word, philosophical sense. I seem to remember that in the Poll Tax debate someone mentioned that a pensioner living on a small fixed income would pay the same tax as the Duke of Westminster (that's the guy who owns London isn't it). There are levels and degrees of equality that don't seem to be addressed by the "all men are created equal" bs. And if some feel the need to form a group of like minded individuals, as long as they do not actively promote hatred, and as long as they don't ask for public funding, then I don't have a problem with it. I don't care what color they are. What seems to be at issue here is not the exclusivity of a small group of women, but the larger question of how Britain has been changed to the disadvantage of native Britons. In a democracy this question should be addressed by parliament following the wishes of the majority expressed in a democratic election. Your government doesn't seem to be doing this, and for the life of me, I can't see why.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote