View Single Post
Old 10-03-2011, 20:57   #64
garinda
Give, give, give member

Re: This isn't racist?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
I agree with your points; however (there's always an "however" isn't there), in my opinion, whatever the law states about equality seems to apply only in the, for want of a better word, philosophical sense. I seem to remember that in the Poll Tax debate someone mentioned that a pensioner living on a small fixed income would pay the same tax as the Duke of Westminster (that's the guy who owns London isn't it). There are levels and degrees of equality that don't seem to be addressed by the "all men are created equal" bs. And if some feel the need to form a group of like minded individuals, as long as they do not actively promote hatred, and as long as they don't ask for public funding, then I don't have a problem with it. I don't care what color they are. What seems to be at issue here is not the exclusivity of a small group of women, but the larger question of how Britain has been changed to the disadvantage of native Britons. In a democracy this question should be addressed by parliament following the wishes of the majority expressed in a democratic election. Your government doesn't seem to be doing this, and for the life of me, I can't see why.
My beef is that such groups are receiving public funding, and that technically what they are doing, i.e. hosting events that aren't open to all races, is unlawful.

Support organisations, for groups of similar ethnicity, might help some in the short-term.

Personally I've always been more in favour of integration, rather than creating and living in self-imposed ghettos.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote