View Single Post
Old 12-10-2004, 01:56   #1
Henry Morton
I am Banned

That'll Show 'em

I don't have Sky television, and no doubt there are other contributors to this forum who will be able to tell us far more than I can about how the Hereford game came over on the box.

However, before such games I suspect that the Sky commentators secretly say "Oh, God, no ! Not another Conference match !"

Well, I hope that our game made the viewers sit up in the first minute and take an interest throughout. It was very exciting for the most part, hard but fair, and (no, don't shoot me, please) very well conducted by the referee and his assistants. Decent TV, then, I would have thought.

For Stanley fans this was surely an extremely important game , for which we all waited anxiously to hear what team the manager was putting out. When I heard John Briggs announce the line-up on the PA , I felt an overwhelming sense of relief that this was a team designed for positive action. I was optimistic, too, about the defence.

The players did not disappoint. I cannot make a worthwhile criticism of any of them, nor would I want to. Marvellous performance , and I suppose that if I have to pick a single player who helped us win it I'd choose Flynn with his inch-perfect defensive tackles . . . but who can argue with our sponsors' choice of Man Of The Match, Paul Mullin ?

A couple of million viewers saw last night what Accrington Stanley are capable of. And we're lucky enough to be able to see it for the rest of the season !
Henry Morton is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web