View Single Post
Old 15-03-2011, 08:34   #4
Neil
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Re: NHS "shake up" why?

The NHS is a complete mess from the top down.
Yes they save peoples lives so we all like it but the way it is organised and the way patients are treated is very poor.

There are many posts on here about cancelled appointments and ridiculous waiting times when you arrive at the stated time. All that is poor management by staff that do not care about patients. If my GP's surgery starts at 9am and I have an appointment at 10am why on earth did I have to wait 1/2 hour to see the Doctor. How can they be 1/2 hour late 1 hour after opening.

A few bad staff make the good ones look bad and they appear to get away with it. I would like to see the staff sickness levels in hospital as that is one thing that was being milked 20 years ago when my Mum worked on the admin side and I bet it still is.

A family member, who I wont name for obvious reasons, was explaining what they have to do. I was shocked at the breaches of health and safety in a Government run building. The same Government that makes the rules on lifting and handling and lone working etc.

Schools are as bad though and they are another Government run establishment.

The NHS still has 'old school' management and attitudes. Most business and industry sorted out the waste of labour and resources years ago, those that did not went under. If the NHS had been a private for profit company it would have gone under years ago.