View Single Post
Old 03-04-2011, 08:19   #130
sparkie
Senior Member+

Re: Northampton Thread

Luke Joyce would have been my MOM yesterday, he broke up play so well without committing himself to silly tackles or ineffective ones that left him out of the game.

However my focus throughout the game seemed to wander to the ariel battles and after he lost out in one after about 5 mins, Proccy won every header he went for until finally coming second best twice just as the board went up for added on time at 90 mins, both of those were against the 7 foot centre half Northampton had an he had run 20-30 yards to challenge for them in both cases. It was just complete DOMINANCE, which considering the hieght they had in there side was stunning!!!

I will also mention that Phil Edwards appeared to get his hand stamped on in the first couple of minutes and I saw him mangling it about an shaking it alot, then after half time he came out wih it fairly well strapped up. Having been on the reciving end of that style of finger strapping as a keeper, it may well be that he either dislocated it or broke it!
sparkie is offline   Reply With Quote