View Single Post
Old 28-04-2011, 13:40   #418
Gremlin
Senior Member+

Re: Royal Wedding - The poll.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Good man yeh will love the rhine, beautiful area/river, did it early 80s, much better than the garbage on offer here that day.
I agree cashman, its a great way to spend 10 days, we have done it three times but as I mentioned earlier it is now cancelled due to ill health.

Still there is hope for next year but even though we are not going I can assure you that the last thing on my mind will be a Royal wedding clogging up the TV all day. I just got my company pension pay slip and wondered how much of the tax I have paid will be going to pay for all the security and how much of my Council tax will be going towards the Mayor's party which as I have stated before we will NOT be attending even though we are invited.

Some people love the Royals and will sit out all night to get a good fleeting glimpse as they pass by, best of luck and I hope they enjoy themselves, I am sure a lot of people will have a very happy and jolly day and be able to tell their kids and grandkids down the line that they were there.
I still remember the day that Queen Elizabeth the second came to see me, I will admit there was another thousand soldiers stood to attention along side me. (forced medicine) I then had to demonstrate a new crane the army had just got and the Duke had a look but the Queen was ushered away before we spoke.

It is just not my thing, that's all.