View Single Post
Old 17-10-2004, 16:01   #111
Gobsmacked

Re: Young people today

Quote:
Originally Posted by KIPAX
I have not only stopped posting in this thread (yes yes i know) but on accy web as a whole.. I think some of the things that have been said to me, about me and and the if, buts, and maybes asked about the way I treat my children are nothing short of disgusting. at least one deleted by gobsmacked on request that was attacking my wife really upset me but some of the suggestions by busman i find absoloutly insulting. its the ifs and the open to question wether I love my children I find the hardest to deal with.

My crime?

I dont hit my children.

Your response to me as a whole for that crime is .... well.

Gooodbye
Nice one Kipax. You requested that I remove the contents of a specific post and in order not to upset you (as you were at that point apparently taking a great deal out of context and out of proportion) I complied with your request.

Now however, you inform the rest of the members that I attacked your wife. They have only your word for that but I will categorically deny it. I will not repeat what I did say because unlike you I am honourable enough to stand by my agreement to remove the subject matter. You on the other hand have decided to twist what was said and give people the impression that some of us set out purposely to insult and offend you and your family.

You imply that because some people do not agree with you and choose to bring up their children a different way they are questioning your love for your children yet nowhere have a seen any such inference. All I have seen are two differing points of view with you the aggressor dishing out criticism of those whose method of child rearing does not mirror your own. In fact I noted that you accused one member of hitting their children when that member had patiently endeavoured on more than one occasion to clarify the distinction between hitting and smacking.

When asked how you have acheived success without recourse to smacking you have declined to respond other than to insult those who asked by implying that they harm and abuse their children.

It's a pity that you couldn't have replied like a mature adult and given us all the benefit of your experience.

But please, please do not resort to using the fact that I edited my post at your request as a way of implying that the content was insulting towards yourself or your wife.

If I made any mistake at all it was in taking you at your word that you would refrain from reference to the matter once I had complied with your request. Unfortunately you seem to have been able to delete the post in which you made that statement. A facility which I do not appear to have.

Quo vadis?
Gobsmacked is offline   Reply With Quote