View Single Post
Old 18-10-2004, 06:14   #123
Darby

Re: Young people today

I feel we better drop any more comments at Kipax, as he may feel that we are "Ganging-up" on him.

However, self inflicted injuries occur.

To finalise; We have all said our twopen'oths worth, and the overwhelming majority agree that smacking a child under certain circumstances is a proven way of administering discipline to a small child.

When a child is of an age where reasoning can be used, then smacking is of no further use!

Hitting children is a no--no, as this is not discipline or punishment but sadism, and painful, mentally and physically.

And in my view, most of the contributors were well balanced people with sensible and practical attitudes towards the subject. Those who are not parents, rightly gave their own personal viewpoints which were a valuable contribution, and another perspective.

I for one have enjoyed this thread, and it shows me that there are a lot of good people around who genuinely care. If we widened the topic to go on to Divorce and its effects on a child & discipline we will never finish this thread at all. To Willow, Simon, Davy, Sparko, Busman, Lampman, Mez, Gobsmacked, and all the others...thanks for making it so informative and interesting.

To Kipax....sorry you felt the way you did....and that you couldn't take the remarks in the way that they were intended (not one was aggresive or mean)..........but that's life.........and to quote your remarks to me "Get a Grip man"
Darby is offline   Reply With Quote