View Single Post
Old 09-05-2011, 12:41   #23
harwood red
God Member

Re: 464 rochdale bus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
Housing is probably a good example. If the Councils had run their Council House departments properly there would have been no need to sell of the houses. They would all have been well maintained, tenants would have had problems dealt with rapidly. What did we have though? Houses in a poor state of maintenance required lots of money spending on them because the Council badly managed the housing stock. Maybe rents were to low to be able to maintain the houses but if that was the case it shows poor management.
oooo Neil you are so wrong but this is the wrong thread to discuss it so next time I see you I will make sure you understand the whole issue of stock transfers and why they HAD to happen!!!

What I will say is just because staff moved over from the council does not make them bad staff at all.... things run under the council can be run completely different when transferred due to the reduction of red tape so some of these same people can then implement things that would improve service that under council ownership could not happen.... and no I am not suggesting that this is the same for this bus company, as people have said the transfer was 25 years ago!!

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
harwood red is offline   Reply With Quote