View Single Post
Old 11-05-2011, 10:45   #20
Gobbiner17

Re: Oswaldtwistle on line

mmm... Gobbinland now has its own site but it's not about the Bottom End or West End or Stanhill, it's just about Gobbinland and Gobbins. Ossy Gobbin, I visited your old site many times in the past but thought that it had become extinct. I hope your new site does well. Hopefully we can co-exist peacefully! Gobbinland.com has a slightly different focus I think. The aim is to photograph all Gobbinland and then people can add comments about every house or shop or whatever, therefore building up a history of the place. Also anyone can login and post their own photos, so they won't need me to do it for them. Hopefully a younger Gobbiner will continue it when I'm totally past it (not far off )

People can also post tales about Gobbinland and Gobbins. A gobbin was a cob of coal, but also means the spirits of children and miners who starved to death when times were hard. These Gobbins come and protect us while we sleep, slipping nice thoughts into our dreams so we wake up feeling good. Anyone who can remember their dreams of the Gobbins or has tales about Gobbinland can post them at Gobbinland.com. Advert over
Gobbiner17 is offline   Reply With Quote