View Single Post
Old 12-05-2011, 13:32   #118
Mikejoed

Re: OWL HALL and ACCRINGTON HOUSE

Wow I didn't realise it was so long since I checked out this thread. I reckon we can cancel the video after Atarah's concise history of the properties! Excellent!

Yes a date and time and place has been set in case any of you missed the details:
It is at 7.30 pm for 8.00 pm start at the lecture room in Accrington Library on Saturday 28th May 2011. Entrance is free and copies of the DVD will be made available, subject to numbers, or orders taken for them. Nominal charge of £2.00 to cover production cost.

Thanks for your support Heth. Your Dad has been an absolute star but then you probably already knew that! He doesn't find it easy in front of a camera but he has stuck with it and I hope everyone will appreciate that a copuple of amateurs care enough about the history of this area to fumble our way through producing a video that generations to come will be able to enjoy. There is so much of Accrington's history that is lost and can never be retrieved.

I'm also well chuffed that we have our MP Graham Jones support for this project and that he will be introducing the evening. No, after speaking to him at length I don't believe for a moment he is dong this for the publicity. He was involved with the friends of Arden hall years ago.
Mikejoed is offline   Reply With Quote