Thread: Stevenage Game
View Single Post
Old 15-05-2011, 23:37   #62
carpon
Full Member+

Re: Stevenage Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraine View Post
Well we won't be able to pass the ball around their massed defence, so we need Putterill and Turner on from the start. They are both capable of having the strength to take men on and burst through the tackles, which Craney and Macca were plainly incapable of tonight.
We need Turner to play, quite simply because he's the one player we have that can put quality crosses into the box. And like you say he's not frightened of running at defenders, something which was lacking for the first hour or so tonight.

But by playing Turner, Coleman would have to a) have a change of heart, seeing as Turner didn't even make the bench tonight & b) change the formation....something that he seems quite reluctant to do.

Personally I'd go for 4-4-2 with wide men (Turner being a definate starter) with both wide men looking to get down either flank as much as possible and get in and behind them. Stevenage looked quite comfortable when the ball was played around in front of them, but get them backpeddling and it might just be a different story. Who to play up top with Gornell....for me Lindfield.

I'd go for a starting Line up of :

Cisak
Winnard, Edwards, Long, Jacobson
Turner, Proctor, Joyce, Ryan
Lindfield, Gornell.

Out go Hessey (struggled in aerial challenges against the guy who looked like Shrek...Charles was it???) McConville (too lightweight and doesn't seem to have the big game mentality required) and Craney (we can't afford to carry passengers in a must win game if he's not fit)

Your considered thoughts, Ladies and Gentlemen

Winston Leonard Spencer Churchill.
carpon is offline   Reply With Quote