Thread: Stevenage Game
View Single Post
Old 16-05-2011, 11:12   #88
Potter

Re: Stevenage Game

I was at the match and thought their number 4 upfront was excellent.

I still think we've got a good chance of going through though. If we're one nil up at any point Stevenage will get shaky...They won't like the pitch at our place, they won't like the Clayton End's support for the reds, they won't like the dressing room, they'll have in the back of their minds' that we are excellent at home, they'll know that everyone in the country will be rooting for us, their away fans won't spur them on....I could go on.

Also every Graham Westley side is ill-disciplined -- one season at Stevenage they had 13 or 14 red cards if I remember rightly -- and the one type of football where you can't afford lots of yellows and maybe a sending off is cup football.

Also what you need to remember is if Stevenage go into the match trying to defend what they've got, we will be camped in their half for the majority of the game. They can't keep hold of the football like we can, so unless they look to press us like they did at their place, which they won't because they're away from home and know that they're not good enough to pass the ball, we're going to make chances.

I think the key for us is to start fast. Whenever they're on the ball we need to close them down and stop the delivery to their front man being any good. We will score against Stevenage, so if we can stop their only threat - their physical front 2 - we have one hell of a chance!

My prediction is a 3-1 win for us having passed the one-dimensional Stevenage to death....and then I've no idea what'll happen after that.

Unfortunately I can't make the home leg - I live in Southampton now. But here's hoping for another big night at the Crown.

Harry Potter
Potter is offline   Reply With Quote