View Single Post
Old 16-05-2011, 12:46   #296
Margaret Pilkington
Beacon of light

Re: Legalise "Illegal" Drugs?

I am pleased you think my answer is a good one, and I do not expect anyone to agree with my point of view. We are all exposed to experiences in life, these are the things that make us have the views we possess....views can change too, as our experiences change.
My views were formed as a result of a long time in the profession I chose to follow, and are carefully considered.(I wish I could package these experiences and give them out freely to teenagers who are tempted by the drug culture.....by the temptation of what they see as a safe 'high')

Yes, I am aware of the drinks that are supposed to give you a lift.......and as far as I am aware they are not suitable for children.

You are also right about education being the Key.......but you fail to mention that children, even those who are educated to the risks, sometimes will take those risks because of either peer pressure, or they feel(much like a road accident)...that won't happen to me.

I have(in my work) seen people who have started off on Cannabis and then progressed to 'hard' drugs......and their lives have taken a downward spiral.

Parents have a big influence in how their children face the dangers that the world holds, by how they(the parents) behave.
And Yes, I do know that you can be good parents and you can see your child make decisions that you have no control over, which are harmful to their life.....and which they didn't learn at home. When that happens you just have to be there for them, but tough love is required....and that is the hardest part.

Last edited by Margaret Pilkington; 16-05-2011 at 12:53.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote