Thread: Stevenage Game
View Single Post
Old 16-05-2011, 13:27   #96
smudgie
Senior Member+

Re: Stevenage Game

Ok so here is my 10 pence worth. First away game ive missed in months. Had to with work early this morning, still gutted today to be honest.

To sum it up watching it from the TV perspective, we where VERY poor. Without a doubt the poorest we have been all season for me. Dont take anything away from those morons, but they where by far the better side. Charles had a superb game, for he's size what a player he is. Sunbed and Hessey hardly won a header all game against him and for me, Long MUST play on Friday. The defence where all Very poor, even Cisak (the only Stanley player who came out of the game with some credit) was hesitant for their second goal, typical of Byrom to score, when he has hardly played all season.

The Midfield????? Absolutely nowhere for the entire 90 minutes for me, Proccy should stop moaning at others and concentrate on his game for once. As for Craney???!!!!! THE poorest performance in a Stanley shirt ive seen in a LONG time. I have been a decent fan of Ian's on occasion, especially during the loan spell over xmas, he looked hungry for the cause. Its like he has the contract already for next season and really cant be bothard putting a shift in...... OR he STILL is not fit??? If he isnt then WHY play him when we have Barnett, Razor (who did more in 10 mins than Craney did in 80), and Turner who I found it incredible he wasnt on the bench. We ALL know how good he can be causing havoc, as we saw at Burton..... Even Jimmy Ryan had an absolute shocker!!!

Mcconville and Gornell, BOTH very poor, whan an earth Sean was doing trying to take it round the keeper is beyond me, just smash it in, your not Messi yet mate!!! Terry was massively isolated all the game, he had 1 half a chance, which he could have taken then who knows what could have happened.

We all know subs are not Coley's strongest point, but to leave it as late as he did to bring Razor on was ridiculous. It clearly wasnt working at half time never mind after 80 mins. Just looking at the bench as a whole.... Richardson, Lindfield & Murphy??? What do they bring to the bench that Turner doesnt??? Sounds like the story of Chris's season to me.

All in All a quite unbelievably poor performance, im taking nothing away from Coley & The Lads as they have been incredible all season long, maybe it was 1 game to far, but in my opinion they BOTTLED it simple as. How we are still in the tie is beyond me, but we are... JUST.

To be honest the most positive thing about the entire evening was Coleys post match interview. He knows the Crown will be rocking Friday night. An Early goal for us and anything can happen, simple.

What would I change.?????

Long must play for me, he's the Only man who can give Charles a physical battle at the back.

Craney............ Did nothing, clearly not fit. Barnett or Razor in with Turner on the bench.
smudgie is offline   Reply With Quote