Thread: Please Identify
View Single Post
Old 18-10-2004, 22:14   #10
Retlaw
I am Banned

Re: Please Identify

There are no Haythornwhites in the 1851 Census for Accrington, it is not a name I'm familiar with for Accrington. Could it be Haythornthwaite. I've checked the parts of the 1891 census I've indexed & found a Haythornthwaite in Burnley Rd. Emma a widow age 36 with 2 children.
Retlaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by nsha
Thank you Doug for the reply, here is the information, this is a photo of my great Grandfather William Haythornwhite and his wife Betty. Betty died in 1930 aged 81 this means she was born in 1849. I'm not good at guessing ages, but what would you say Betty's age is in the phote? Add this to 1849 and we have the date the photo was taken. Would it be outside a photo studio of that time? If I could work out the date the photo was taken I could perhaps search the Accrington library when I visit on holiday next year for studios in operation at that time. William is holding a child. I believe from my Grandfather he was one of 11 or 12 children I only came accross this photo recently though it had been in my possession for 50 years! It had been inadvertently sealed in a large cardboard photoframe whick I was going to discard when I examined it more closely. Inside was this photo and a silk tassel which give the information on Betty I mentioned. They lived in Ormerod Street, and it cannot be the door at that address!
Thank you for your interest.
Retlaw is offline   Reply With Quote