View Single Post
Old 17-05-2011, 16:26   #43
garinda
Give, give, give member

Re: Council finances in a shocking state

Quote:
Originally Posted by steeljack View Post
Think the old maxim 'travel broadens the mind " and I've never had a parochial (closed/small) mind . Seems to me lots of Hyndburn locals are primed and ready to comment on US and World affairs /events and no-one complains about that .
One or two points if you want to keep things "local" maybe you should be using the HBC web-site ....oops forgot , it doesn't work , seem to remember lots of money spent but nothing to show , obivously the elected Council at the time were 'conned' into accepting a bum system on advice from Council employed IT experts ( do these folks still have jobs at HBC ?) .
Not sure , and may be wrong here (sure someone will correct me soon enough) but I'm of the understanding that the bloke/chap/guy who started , owns , operates and finances this site is or was an overseas non domiciled Brit, based somewhere in eastern Europe so maybe your anti Hyndburn resident bias is a bit off target .
I'm also supposing your against a non resident Brit owning/saving Accrington Stanley from the knackers yard , maybe all the folks who follow Stanley in the various football threads should be excluded from posting comments on Accy web , or maybe folks who live outside the Borough be banned from posting videos on the music thread , or maybe its your dislike of the occasional weather report from Canada
My suggetion ...... if you are so upset at non Hyndburn residents commenting and posting you should contact one of the moderators and have them 'isolate' our isps/posts to anything non Hyndburn , that way you and other local residents (including Bee, can discuss to your hearts content the merits of the colour of the local dog muck fouling the pavements and argue about who had the market stall next to Uncle Dick)
It's common knowledge that the owner of this site started Accy Web, in order for those from the area to stay in touch with 'home'. Wherever in the world, the four winds wind have blown 'em.

I like our Yanky contributors.

I always picture them sat on a swing, on some porch.

Chewin' baccy.

Gun cocked.

Ready to see of any of dem damn pinko liberals.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote