View Single Post
Old 21-05-2011, 21:54   #91
accyman
God Member

Re: Arndale Clock....Save it or scrap it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gremlin View Post
The place where the Arndale was built was where I parked my tanker at night, then they built the Arndale and I used the bit of spare land behind the Castle pub. The taxman built his office there and I had to start parking in our yard at Clayton. I asked the taxman for a fuel allowance for my car to get to work and was turned down flat

All this because of an under-used Arndale centre, the clock will make no difference at all and certainly wont make me go into town especially to see it

them building the tax office also put Ralph's diner out of business.It managed to limp along for a few years but he lost most his custom as the wagon drivers he catered for parked elsewhere.Granted 1 breakfast could give you a heart seizure but it was a decent enough grease and spoon gaff.

Ralph's diner was also a good place to find a council employee if you wanted one as they had 3 hour lunch breaks there lol

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web