Thread: The Tories
View Single Post
Old 06-06-2011, 22:10   #178
Mancie
God Member

Re: The Tories

Quote:
Originally Posted by walkinman221 View Post
To be fair to margaret i think you need a visit to specsavers because you seem to be reading something totally different to what i am seeing.She seems to be saying that the policies being implemented are the right ones for the situation we find ourselves in , which is a different kettle of fish to all out support for the present government, whoever happened to be in power at this time would have to be doing something similar to try and pull us from the mire , whether they be tory, labour whatever.And before you think i am a blue or red supporter i would like to say i too have no time for any of them really ,i wouldnt trust any of them as far as i could throw them.
And that is were we differ..I don't think the present policies of cut slash burn are good for the future of this country whichever way it is looked at.. some one once said you can judge a country on how they treat the old and sick.. the cuts this government are imposing will affect the old and sick.. to my mind there is not much room to move.. we either take care of our less well off or go headlong into cuts that will destroy the NHS, destroy the already underfunded social care facilities and could wipe out any form of local care.. now can you defend that?
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote