View Single Post
Old 07-06-2011, 12:16   #7
Mikejoed

Re: Public Viewing of Historical DVD

Well, as no one else has commented I'm pleased to say the evening public viewing of the DVD was a great success. We had around 70 peeps attend and but for a scary start with the equipment all went well and it was received enthusiastically.

Unfortunately, due to some technical hitches I did not have the completed copy to my own satisfaction available on the night and I was actually kept busy for a further week ironing out some glitches and inserting further relevant information. Copies are now available in Accrington's library to loan or purchase. They can also be bought at the One Planet shop in Abbey Street, Accrington.

If there was anyone attending from Accy web they were too shy to introduce themselves! My grateful thanks to all who did attend and helped make the night such a great succes and an even greater encouragement. I am also hugely grateful to Katherine, librarian, who accommodated us for the evening and my two friends Alex and Sheila for attending to the brews afterwards. I'm also very grateful to Graham Jones our MP for giving up his time to introduce the evening.

The evening had barely finished before I was asked when the next DVD showing would be! Well, it will take a lot of research for the 'Acorn Trail' but I hope it will prove to be as interesting to everyone when it it is completed - some time towards the end of the year.

Last edited by Mikejoed; 07-06-2011 at 12:23. Reason: additional text
Mikejoed is offline   Reply With Quote