View Single Post
Old 14-06-2011, 11:21   #8
heth
Senior Member+

Re: Terry Pratchett: Choosing To Die

You wont get any flack from me Marg, I have said it before and will say it again you have a great way with words as I couldnt put it better myself!

On the programme last night they actually said that they treat animals better than humans when it comes to dying, and in my opinion that is not right. We dont like to see our dog/cat etc in pain just to pro-long thier life so why do it to human beings?

It isnt nice seeing people in that much pain when they are coming to the end of thier lives, and it must be horrid for the actual patient basically lying there waiting to die. This clinic gives people the choice and to me that is what people deserve.

We had to make a decission when my Grandma were in hospital to put a D.N.R on her when she was in a bad way and to this day we have said that we would do it again if it came to it.
Luckily she bounced back like she does but none of us feel guilty for making that choice as it could have quite easily gone the other way were she would have got worse and it would have been no life for her not being able to move or talk.

Marg I am coming to duck with you behind that wall!
I never think about the last.
heth is offline   Reply With Quote