View Single Post
Old 22-06-2011, 09:12   #46
jaysay
Resting in Peace

Re: Accy clubs in 60s

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gobbiner17 View Post
Weren't teenagers lucky in those days? I didn't appreciate just how lucky I was at the time. I went to Lock St Ossy and the one in Accy for music. West End youth club and Stanhill pub for pool and cards, Rhyddings Park most summer nights were thriving, either football, crazy golf or musicians like Jinx, Ian Alveston and Phil Kubilius would be there jamming away. There was the Derby for local R & B and blues sessions, the Cavern, Arts. And those are just what I went to. Many others were mentioned. Then there was the Mecca and I also saw the Searchers, Freddie and the Dreamers, the Hollies and may be some others one night at King George's Hall. It was Beatlemania time and all the girls were screaming all the way through. Mass hysteria all night. I even joined in myself, making all my mates totally embarrassed to be with me

What do you reckon? Was it really better in those days or is it because we are no longer young and just aren't "down with the kids" anymore?
Pool in the 60s gobbiner, it was after 1975 before pool took of in this country, the first time I saw a pool table in a pub was in 1975 in Carlisle