View Single Post
Old 23-06-2011, 15:06   #107
Bob Dobson
Senior Member+

Re: Hyndburn Local History Society.

It is a pity that Walter cannot discuss matters in a non-vitriolic way. His references to 1 3/4 are intended to mean Les (007) Bond., who he believes, along with 'The Harrogate Tripe Dresser' are out to benefit from the mountain of information on WW1 personnel data that he has painstakingly obtained. I do not share his beliefs , nor do I want to see someone vilified for doing something openly about our history,nor do I like things done in secrecy. If this planning work has been going on for three years, why doesn't the body most concerned with local history , the Local History Society, know anything about it? Who does know? who is taking part in the planning?

The present mayor will be out of office in 2014, but in my view, she is the one to approach at this time.

There may be a shortage of £sd and council officers may be working hard, but these things don't mean that it is useless to abandon efforts. I fear that if the local history society does not try to get the ball rolling, the Pals will not be commemorated.
Bob Dobson is offline   Reply With Quote