View Single Post
Old 23-06-2011, 15:39   #108
Retlaw
I am Banned

Re: Hyndburn Local History Society.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Dobson View Post
If this planning work has been going on for three years, why doesn't the body most concerned with local history , the Local History Society, know anything about it? Who does know? who is taking part in the planning?
Because its being done by people who are active, and willing to do manual labour, and are able to organise things, and get funding, which was already said has been ongoing for some time, the last thing they need is another committee, especilaly if 7/8's thinks he's going to run it, or be on it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Dobson View Post
There may be a shortage of £sd and council officers may be working hard, but these things don't mean that it is useless to abandon efforts. I fear that if the local history society does not try to get the ball rolling, the Pals will not be commemorated.
You have already been told the ball is rolling, and has been for a while, so why should you be consulted. When Bill Turner organised the Exihibition on the 90th Anniversary of the Somme, at the Haworth, it went quite well without your lot, my annual displays at the Haworth have never needed your lots imput either. The display at Ossy Mills did'nt need your lot either, when people want info on WW1 soldiers who do they ask, your lot, I dont think so.
Retlaw

Last edited by Neil; 23-06-2011 at 20:19. Reason: fix quote for clarity
Retlaw is offline   Reply With Quote